Skip to content

your emotions about JIB 2011

Re: your emotions about JIB 2011

Postby Kyva » 18/04/2011, 14:35

I think the staff wasn't prepared for that because last year this wasn't a problem at all... Maybe the rules really weren't clear this time sine I think I remember someone writing they thought it was first come/first serve.

I just feel that if I buy an Angel Pass and I try to get to my photo-op I should not have to listen to things like: "I was here first" or "why did you not take your picture yesterday" when trying to find the Angel-spot in line. Also some people seem to have forgotten that we are all there for the same reason and that should actually be a good oportunity to start a new friendship instead of a fight... I don't think anyone ever had to leave JIB without having gotten their autograph so I don't get the "trying to be first"... Also if people wait their turn they don't have to spend so much time standing in line and missing panels...
Kyva

Postby erika » 18/04/2011, 14:57

exactly, as we have always said that none of you would have lost a section all you would have everything that was at the conv ..... The real problem is that those who unfortunately was not an AP or PP, wanted to put in queue, creating chaos, because the space is not much and created problems for those who had priority .... rather than taking advantage of it and wait their turn by following a panel or maybe to lunch and do not understand why they were in queue in front of the autograph section ..... even if their turn would be next. in so doing has created the chaos .... the staff wanted to avoid those long queues to fill the foye and not create difficulties in the transition to the other fans also because there was no reason to do it ... when you book a pass in the description there is the various rules about the priorities and we have always said ..... but it seems that people were afraid of losing their autographs or photo ops when it absolutely is not real because each of you have to the right to have what paid
thanks for this sign , made by Jenks
erika
Moderatore

Postby mystery » 18/04/2011, 20:10

Hi everyone,

first of all: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The JIB 2 was my first convention (not only Supernatural, but at all) and it was an amazing experience.

I had so much fun at this weekend - with the actors, but also with the fans. Talking to girls from so many different countries who all share the same passion - it was simply wonderful.

So thanks to you - for all your hard work and first of all for making this possible!!!

My personal experience was similar to the others:

The Hilton staff was very friendly to us, helpful. Okay, I don't think that the Hilton is a good hotel (considering the high price level), but hey come on I wasn't there to have a weekend in a nice hotel, I was there for the concention and so it doesn't matter much to me how good the hotel is, despite that I wanted to have the possibility to go fast into my room, change clothes or something like that and go back to the con. And that worked perfectly...

Considering the organization:
For me too the only thing that wasn't perfect was the thing with the autograph lines / foto op lines... I've heard from my friend that you made it last year on Saturday and Sunday differently. That you called for the pass numbers so that everyone knew when to go to the autographs.
I think that would be great, cause I too waited very long in the lines even if I really wanted to go into the panels (and I know that many other girls felt the same way).

But really thats the only thing I would have made differently, apart from that it was just an incredibly amazing weekend (and not just that, even now I can't stop smiling whenever I think about it).

I really hope there will be a next year convention - if yes I'll be there ;)

Many greetings from Germany

Catrin
mystery

Postby skart87 » 18/04/2011, 21:11

erika wrote:exactly, as we have always said that none of you would have lost a section all you would have everything that was at the conv ..... The real problem is that those who unfortunately was not an AP or PP, wanted to put in queue, creating chaos, because the space is not much and created problems for those who had priority .... rather than taking advantage of it and wait their turn by following a panel or maybe to lunch and do not understand why they were in queue in front of the autograph section ..... even if their turn would be next. in so doing has created the chaos .... the staff wanted to avoid those long queues to fill the foye and not create difficulties in the transition to the other fans also because there was no reason to do it ... when you book a pass in the description there is the various rules about the priorities and we have always said ..... but it seems that people were afraid of losing their autographs or photo ops when it absolutely is not real because each of you have to the right to have what paid

hmmm...that's true...perhaps this could have been avoided if the division of the passes would be mentioned in the schedule?? Like for example: PP&AP 11-11.30, DP 11.30-...and so on ...just a suggestion
I sat down w/ my schedule before the con and actually managed to get everything done and miss hardly any panels...so I was quite happy :D
I guess some people didn't really think about managing the time (or reading the rules), just started herding near the doors whenever something was about to start :/
"Climb mountains and you worries will fall away like autumn leaves"
skart87

Postby unicorn88 » 21/04/2011, 12:28

I really enjoyed the convention this year & would like to thank the JIB staff.

I thought the schedule was very well thought out & like that we received it a few days in advance. I like forward planning so we were able to mark out when I wanted to do autographs / photo ops around the panels I wanted to go to. Because I had an Angel pass & with military style planning ;) I got all photo ops & all autographs while only missing 1 & ½ panels all weekend.

JIB2 had a lot of improvements over last year so I felt that JIB staff listened :D , this year all the guests did multiple panels so I got to see everybody talk. I remember last year having to leave during Jake Abel’s one & only panel as Jensen’s last autograph session was cancelled.
The fact that no day passes were sold this year also helped with some of last year’s “Saturday” crowding issues.
I also hated the panels being interrupted with announcements last year so the TV’s in the main room were an excellent & very welcome addition.

I had an Angel pass & liked that I could go to any photo op / autograph session on any day & get priority in line. It’s why I paid for the higher pass, its gives you the flexibility to do what you want, when you want. I would hate to be tied down to a time slot chosen by someone else.

I know that there were problems with the mass of people surrounding the autograph & Photo op room & hope that it can be resolved for the next con. I’m not a very pushy person so my technique was to follow right behind another Angel pass that was able to push through the masses to the door, I’d like to thank any of the AP holders that I was able to follow to the door, and like you I have the bruises too.

This issue is purely down to people not listening & not following the rules.
I noticed & thought it very strange that a lot of hunter/sinner passes chose to hang around the autograph room door rather that watch the panels in seating area provided.
Ideally there would be a one door & little queuing area for each pass but given the size of the convention area, this just wasn’t possible.

My only other critique of JIB2 would be the start times running late, I think the opening ceremony was cancelled or I missed it because the doors opened late on Friday (3.20pm I think???) Also if you let people in to the panel room earlier in the mornings (or for evening party / concerts) to start taking their seats it would help with the overcrowding outside in the main hotel areas. There were other groups using the hotel & I felt their areas were being overtaken by the supernatural fans.

Thanks Again JIB staff for your hard work, we really enjoyed the weekend.
unicorn88

Postby Cris23Cassandra » 21/04/2011, 13:32

skart87 wrote:I sat down w/ my schedule before the con and actually managed to get everything done and miss hardly any panels...so I was quite happy :D
I guess some people didn't really think about managing the time (or reading the rules), just started herding near the doors whenever something was about to start :/

QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE!!!
I think the problem with the lines wasn't exactly a staff problem but participants. I think that if you just planned sometime ahead what line to follow you could just have whatever you wanted without too much stress. This year I was and Angel, but last year I was a Demon. And I remember that, knowing that before me there were prophet and angel I never went to the lines at the beginning of a session (autogr/photos). And this year was the same. I always waited some time before queueing up for the sessions. I went there near the half of the session, so most of angels and prophets were done, and it was my turn. I haven't been in line more than 10 minutes.
I think most hunters/sinners didn't know how to manage through the schedule and considering the fact they didn't have panels to follow (and apparently didn't like the merchandise room with the maxi screen... still don't know why) they thought the best thing to do was queueing, queueing and queueing even when no session was in progress. Just to kill time I suppose.
That's the thing that MUST BE avoided next year. Perhaps the staff could do some sort of pamphlet to give to hunters sinners and demons (and maybe to the newcomers) where to explain how it really works and how to sort everything out.
Cris23Cassandra

Postby erika » 21/04/2011, 14:23

many people stay in front of the autograph section even though it was not their turn to see the actors go out and take pictures .... here is one more reason that caused the problem.
In the merchandise room were chairs for all Hunter pass so that they could have a chair and follow the panel ... if we had left the screens to follow the panel in foyer then yes that there would be serious problems :o
erika
Moderatore

Postby skart87 » 21/04/2011, 17:00

Cris23Cassandra wrote:Perhaps the staff could do some sort of pamphlet to give to hunters sinners and demons (and maybe to the newcomers) where to explain how it really works and how to sort everything out.

I think that that's an awesome idea! :D
"Climb mountains and you worries will fall away like autumn leaves"
skart87

Postby unicorn88 » 22/04/2011, 16:11

skart87 wrote:
Cris23Cassandra wrote:Perhaps the staff could do some sort of pamphlet to give to hunters sinners and demons (and maybe to the newcomers) where to explain how it really works and how to sort everything out.

I think the staff did a great job in letting people know how the priority system worked.

I mean it was explained when you ordered your passes, there were signs up at the autograph room / Photo op queue & if I remember correctly it was noted on the schedule you received at registration too.
It wasn't that people weren't informed how things worked, it seemed they were just determined to stand in a queue rather than watch a panel in the room or the big screen.

Unfortunately I don't think people would read the pamphlet either so it would be adding unnecessary costs to the convention.
unicorn88

Postby erika » 22/04/2011, 16:22

unicorn88 wrote:
skart87 wrote:

I think the staff did a great job in letting people know how the priority system worked.

I mean it was explained when you ordered your passes, there were signs up at the autograph room / Photo op queue & if I remember correctly it was noted on the schedule you received at registration too.
It wasn't that people weren't informed how things worked, it seemed they were just determined to stand in a queue rather than watch a panel in the room or the big screen.

Unfortunately I don't think people would read the pamphlet either so it would be adding unnecessary costs to the convention.

exactly ;) and in the back of the schedule that we have given you the day of registration there were written all the rules to follow to the conv ... :D
erika
Moderatore

Postby flyjana » 22/04/2011, 16:43

from my experience at the con (as an angel pass) people with hunters pass would'nt let me get through and angel passes would totally surpass me...

i understand that maybe i should have let the staff know about this but i didn't feel like reaching any staff member complaining and saying "people are mean to me"... i never did it at kindergarten and i wouldn't do it at the con...

i just stayed at the panel and then after a while i checked the photo ops/autograph lines :oops: :oops: :oops:
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger
flyjana

Postby erika » 22/04/2011, 16:54

flyjana wrote:from my experience at the con (as an angel pass) people with hunters pass would'nt let me get through and angel passes would totally surpass me...

i understand that maybe i should have let the staff know about this but i didn't feel like reaching any staff member complaining and saying "people are mean to me"... i never did it at kindergarten and i wouldn't do it at the con...

i just stayed at the panel and then after a while i checked the photo ops/autograph lines :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am sorry that this happened and I understand that you did not want to create problems, but you have paid to AP that give you various priorities and it is right that you have what is yours .... if people do not respect the rules you must to come to us ( staff ) and inform us so we can to fix things .... is a matter of respect to you ;)
erika
Moderatore

Postby Sunflower86 » 22/04/2011, 20:15

Hi,
i just wanted to thank the JIB staff for another great convention. Having had an Angel pass both last year and this year, i can definitely see that they have been listening and taking on board the suggestions made after JIB1.
I had a great time at the convention.
The schedule was good. Having it released early meant that i could sit down and plan out everything that i wanted to fit in before i made my trip to Italy. So i felt i arrived prepared and with a plan of action! I managed to fit in all but one of the panels whilst getting 7 photo ops and everyones autograph! I was very happy. :D
My photos turned out great and the backdrop and lighting were certainly improved from JIB1 and they went very smoothly.
The cocktail party was lots of fun. I missed last years due to pure exhaustion, but it was great to be able to have a few mins to chat to the actors this time around.
I can understand everyones frustration with the lines for the autograph room, but i feel its very unfair to criticise the staff for this. They had clearly marked which doors were to be used for which passes and the order of passes for entry had been made very clear. For some reason the hunter/sinner pass holders seemed determined to spend their times waiting in lines and blocking the areas. At times they were even blocking the entrances waiting for actors who were not due in the room for a while. The staff certainly did their best to make sure everyone was let in in the correct order, but the fans really could have helped out a bit by sticking to the rules. The actual layout in the Hilton did hinder things a little too. Just the pure size of the area and the fact that you had to queue down steps didn't help.
I can't understand the criticism of the hotel staff either. I had no problems with them on any occasion and found them to be very helpful and courteous. (though i would question the lack of spoons in the restaurant at breakfast! :lol: )

Overall i had an awesome time. Congrats and thanks to the staff of JIB!
Sunflower86

Postby lucy_hp » 23/04/2011, 22:02

First : Thank You

I did a lot of convention, and it was the first time it was so smooth. It was my best convention ever and in the top 5 of my best weekends.

I'm happy because, i didn't missed the panels I really wanted to see. I did queuing a bit, but it's a great way to make new friends. Thanks to JIB, I got new friends from Japan to UK.
I was glad I had an AP. I can't stand the crowd too much (i did faint at others event so...)

I'm glad that I could ask for something different during my ops. It's the first time, I'm actually liking all my photos. Never thought my Yoshikitty doll would be such a success with the fans, the staff and the guests. I just wanted to mix two of my biggest love.

As for the signing, I'm so happy Genevieve agreed to do a signing session. She's so nice and beautiful, so I'm glad I could talk to her. Also, even if it was short, we were allowed to say something to the guest. I'm going to conventions always to tell the guest how much their work mean to me. So I'm happy I could do that.

As for the problem with sinner/hunter, i can understand them but it's true that we had all the informations about how it works. And it was clear and simple. But I wouldn't like having a precise time slot for my ops/autos as I was only able to arrive later on Friday and probably would have missed my time slot if it was like that.

My only downside was my hotel. Next year I'll stay at the Hilton Airport way more easier than being at the Garden Inn.

Thank you to the staff for all the work you've done, for your friendliness and your smiles
lucy_hp

Postby flyjana » 25/04/2011, 20:53

erika wrote:
flyjana wrote:from my experience at the con (as an angel pass) people with hunters pass would'nt let me get through and angel passes would totally surpass me...

I am sorry that this happened and I understand that you did not want to create problems, but you have paid to AP that give you various priorities and it is right that you have what is yours .... if people do not respect the rules you must to come to us ( staff ) and inform us so we can to fix things .... is a matter of respect to you ;)

Tank u Erika! But in a way i dnt regret that because i thought panels were boring and i wasnt planning to' see any... But they were sooo fun!!!! And i was in 4th row so i could see them clearly without my eyeglasses!
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger
flyjana

Postby JaredSam » 04/05/2011, 19:25

I post my little review on JIB2.

On Friday, April 8 afternoon:

I am in first place all go get my pass my envelope containing the papers with the numbers of photos ops, autographs, etc. ...

At 3 P.M. the convention has started and the first thing I did was go to my first photo ops with Jared. I have also done well to make a Friday and Saturday because Friday Jared was standing. My first reaction on seeing Jared off when waiting in line was "My god, but it's really a giant." Then came my turn. I stretched my arms to hug him and he told me of his long arms. I was shaking so much holding as I was ashamed. What I also notice that it was his shirt was soaked. My god the poor what he was sweating but must say I was no better. Jared is really a boy with an immense kindness. Later I did another photo ops with Sebastian who is really a cabbage. I love it. That day I board made no panel.

On Friday evening there was the Cocktail Party or Rob, Richard, Chad, Steve, Jason, Sebastian, Mark was present. They toured the tables and they are all adorable. They even speak a little French with me. But the highlight of the evening was come to 10 P.M. Jared came accompanied by his wife and it was really great because Jared would not stop doing stupid things with other players (like telling Seb that he loves her and that he opened his shirt saying "I love you") and otherwise as well (example: he broke a bottle of champagne and opened it has served some tables). Gen really seems to be a super nice girl. The only problem that evening was that I had forgotten my camera in the room.

On the morning of Saturday, April 9:

The first thing I did was my 2nd photo ops with Jared who was seated this time. But it's not stop me from asking for a special photo or he acts as if Sam was using his powers. Later in the morning I'm going to sign my photo by Jared. I also give him ais my gift and asked me where I come and thank me in French.

Later in the morning I'm going to attend the Panel that Jensen was followed by that of Jared. The two panels were really super awesome.

In the afternoon I go to my photo ops with J2 who were unfortunately seated. I put myself between the 2 but I dare not touch them because I have to say I was impressed by Jensen which releases something I can not define.

After I attend their panel, which was great

Sunday, April 10 The morning was devoted to autographs. I got a hug from Chad and Sebastian. I did it before the photo ops with Jensen. I must confess that I was highly impressed and Jensen with J2 as I board not dare put my hands on him.

The afternoon I Attend the last panel of the day was that Misha and Jensen. Then I have to say that with both the I laugh so that I almost pee in the pants

After the panel there had the closing ceremony and all the people who work at this convention came. I was impressed by the number of people who work for this convention throughout the weekend.

In conclusion, the convention was really great and the staff and all people are really very nice. Anyway it made me really want to give another convention.
JaredSam

Postby catvonawesome » 04/05/2011, 19:37

The convention was awesome & I am planning on returning next year! I had a great time (despite getting super sick and needing to spend a day in bed.)

I do have some suggestions though.

1. As a first time con goer I was very confused about how to handle the autograph stuff. I had an angel pass but was totally overwhelmed by how things were working. I ended up skipping most of them and just getting Misha & Jensen. (I was very sick on Saturday though so I did miss that whole day. ) Until Julie was there I didn't even want to get into a line because of the cramming and the heat created. I think better signs at the lines would have helped a lot.

2. When arriving and registering, it would be really helpful to include a reminder list for everyone about what their pass includes (especially since I wasn't sure which actors weren't included in the angel pass autographs). I didn't remember and the info was no longer listed on the website before we left for Rome. I asked for a list when I arrived but they couldn't provide one.

3. I also didn't know breakfast was provided or at what times! Not until I went to the restaurant Friday morning and the hotel staff told me. So, again, a quick reminder list of everything included in your pass or for the convention in general would be a nice touch.

4. I know you are updating twitter & facebook about next year's event but I've only caught them because a friend pointed them out. Are you going to be emailing the updates as well? Do I need to rejoin the newsletter?

I DO still plan on attending again! And if you need any english speaking volunteers at registration or for lines or anything else I would be happy to help out! (I'm quite good with corralling people, handouts, and organizing in general.)

Now when can we start bugging you about people we'd like to see next year! Is there any chance we can try for Kripke again? Or any of the writers?
catvonawesome

Postby allyf » 06/05/2011, 12:45

I think for next year we need to clone Julie so there are more of her to herd the autograph/photo queues. She was awesome.

:)
ally
allyf

Postby georgie1 » 03/07/2011, 21:11

We enjoyed JIB2. It was better organised than some other conventions we have been to. There was no queue at registration which was amazing. The guests were fantastic and the stage hall room well set out with good views no matter where you sat. Staff friendly and helpful considering they were under enormous pressure at times. As mentioned before the biggest problem was queuing for photo's and autographs which was chaotic sometimes but i really think alot of that was due to ignorant people refusing to follow the rules. Overall we had a Great time and cant wait to go to JIB3! :D
georgie1

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to After convention (English board)