Skip to content

your emotions about JIB 2011

your emotions about JIB 2011

Postby erika » 12/04/2011, 17:10

for you a new post where to talk about the JIB 2011 ( :cry: )
thanks for this sign , made by Jenks
erika
Moderatore

Re: your emotions about JIB 2011

Postby Katerina » 12/04/2011, 22:27

Why the sad face??Cause it's over??In that case I totally agree....I didn't want it to end!
Well,it definitely was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had!It was my first Convention EVER and it was a total blast!
The actors were simply perfect!So nice,sweet and down to earth!And I also met some great people that I'm really forward to seeing again!And of course there was this little moment when Misha Collins FAKED AN ORGASM ON THE STAGE!LOL!

Seriously,thank you so much to everyone who helped organize it!You guys did a great job!It was perfect!

So,when can we start talking about JIB 2012???? :P :P
"It's better to burn out,than to fade away"
Katerina

Postby Kat » 13/04/2011, 3:06

The con is amazing, I wanted to thank the staff, the guests and fans who made it a blast. :P
I had a very good time in JIB2, so many good memories~I'm curious too if there will be a JIB3 next year!
Kat

Postby skart87 » 13/04/2011, 9:12

At times there were some organization problems, but the overall awesomeness of the con soon overshadowed them!! ;)

Soooo much fun! Awesome fans, wonderful, wonderful actors...and the panels...just simply hilarious! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!!

JIB2 is now in 2nd place of the most fun moments of my life (and the 1st is a 2 week Baltic sailing trip...so nr 2 is preeety high ahaha)

Anyways I really wish there'll be a JIB3!! weeeee :lol: <--its 3 days after the con and I'm still over excited! :lol:
"Climb mountains and you worries will fall away like autumn leaves"
skart87

Postby FallenStar » 13/04/2011, 14:02

In general I had a great time at the con. Would've had a better time had I not had my two kids with me. lol But I realize that was my ad my husband's choice. I just really hope no one was annoyed by them being there with us. We tried our best to keep our daughter entertained and well-behaved and our son fed and happy. If they gave anyone a bad experience (even for a brief bit) I greatly apologize. But I thought the food was pretty good, the autograph sessions were great (even got to have short convos with some of the actors sometimes), and most of the staff was very courteous. I do have to admit that the schedule confused me a lot until a staff member explained it to me. Perhaps putting instructions on it next year would make it easier? I guess I expected to have set times for certain passes throughout the weekend rather than a first come, first serve basis according to pass level. I also love how one of the ladies there (I believe she said she was the representative for Richard Speight Jr) started to organize the autograph lines on the second and third days rather than letting everyone just group together and cause traffic jams. I think that made things so much easier and quicker. I don't know if I could say that this was an amazing experience for me but that's really b/c I brought my kids. If it would've been just me and my husband I think it would have been; so overall I think the JIB2 staff did a great job. I wish I would still be in Italy if there's a JIB3 but unfortunately we leave in October to go back to the US. I hope anyone who gets to attend next year has a wonderful time and thank you JIB staff!!
FallenStar

Postby erika » 13/04/2011, 14:21

thanks so much for the beautiful words :D ...... it is impossible that two children can be annoying ....
regarding JIB 3 I can tell you to stay waiting for new news :D
erika
Moderatore

Postby skart87 » 13/04/2011, 21:19

erika wrote:thanks so much for the beautiful words :D ...... it is impossible that two children can be annoying ....

waiting patiently for the news! :lol:
skart87

Postby erika » 14/04/2011, 14:57

skart87 wrote:
erika wrote:thanks so much for the beautiful words :D ...... it is impossible that two children can be annoying ....

:lol: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:
erika
Moderatore

Postby skart87 » 14/04/2011, 22:00

erika wrote:
skart87 wrote:

:lol: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: caaaan't wait :lol:
skart87

Postby tabs1966 » 15/04/2011, 11:06

Hi

I know I'm not going to be popular after I write this, but, please remember, this is my opinion, you really don't have to agree with it :)

Whilst the panels were wonderful & the guests were courteous and obviously having a wonderful time, I think the organisation of the convention was sadly lacking.

The people jam at the entrance to the auto room was a safety hazard which could have been avoided if there had been some kind of control over the fans queueing there, when they really shouldn't have been. I had an Angel pass, which didn't seem to make any difference to the people with Hunter or Sinner passes, they weren't going to budge!!
It took Julie taking over to make it better organised, what would you have done if she hadn't been there??
Obviously a lot of people felt the same way as I do...hence the standing ovation for Julie at the closing ceremony.
The hotel staff were rude & unhelpful, and a lot of the Con staff didn't seem to speak or understand English, not a good policy when the convention was truly international!
Trying to get through the throng of people that were waiting to catch a glimpse of the guests was a total joke, and as for trying to get along the hall way to get out....not happening at the best of times!!
I also think a larger and better equipped hotel would make a lot of difference. The hotel just wasn't very good at all, it really doesn't deserve to have the name Hilton. This is totally not your fault that the hotel was not good.

I also think the photographer you chose to use was not good at all. My photo ops are yellow & blurry, so that's over £200 wasted. Also the size of said photo ops....last year they were 10x8, a reasonable size I would say.
This year they seem to be about 6x4, so really not worth the expense at all.

I was really looking forward to the Convention & had spent an awful lot of money to be there,(my choice, I know) and I am so disappointed with how it all made me feel.

After saying all that, I fully expect to buy passes for next year if the convention takes place again.
I just wont buy photo ops and will be prepared for the crazy disorganisation. My friends will all be going & I also made more friends whilst there :)

Please don't take this as an attack on any of you, if the control had been there it would have been awesome.

Tracie
tabs1966

Postby KittyKat82 » 15/04/2011, 12:19

tabs1966 wrote:Hi

Whilst the panels were wonderful & the guests were courteous and obviously having a wonderful time, I think the organisation of the convention was sadly lacking.

The people jam at the entrance to the auto room was a safety hazard which could have been avoided if there had been some kind of control over the fans queueing there, when they really shouldn't have been. I had an Angel pass, which didn't seem to make any difference to the people with Hunter or Sinner passes, they weren't going to budge!!
It took Julie taking over to make it better organised, what would you have done if she hadn't been there??
Obviously a lot of people felt the same way as I do...hence the standing ovation for Julie at the closing ceremony.
The hotel staff were rude & unhelpful, and a lot of the Con staff didn't seem to speak or understand English, not a good policy when the convention was truly international!
Trying to get through the throng of people that were waiting to catch a glimpse of the guests was a total joke, and as for trying to get along the hall way to get out....not happening at the best of times!!
I also think a larger and better equipped hotel would make a lot of difference. The hotel just wasn't very good at all, it really doesn't deserve to have the name Hilton. This is totally not your fault that the hotel was not good.

Tracie, I can just totally sign this!!!
It is due to the friends I made there that this whole weekend wasn't a complete waste of time and money. And I am happy about my pictures and how nice the stars were. Most of the staff I spoke to where very nice as well and did mostly understand english...
But what I do not understand: On saturday afternoon I spoke to one of the staff suggesting an idea on how to avoid the jam of people at the entrance to the autograph room. I was told that there was no room. And on Sunday morning I find Julie doing exactly what my idea was. I am glad she did and she soooo deserved the standing ovations she got. What I am kinda annoyed about is that the guy from staff told me the day before it wasn't possible!!

So, all in all I had a good time but I won't be going to another JIB Con.

I
KittyKat82

Postby Kyva » 15/04/2011, 13:43

Well I had a great time but I don't completely disagree with you guys especially on the hotel staff being rude because we had a couple of bad experiences with them as well. Also the people jams in the hallway were unnecessary but I think that's the fault of the people not having a prophet or angel pass that always got in line first when really they should have waited their turn.

Anyway, I had a great time at the con! I loved it and I really, really hope there will be another one :D As I've already told the staff-girls I think they did a fantastic job. I'm not sure everyone realises how much work there is behind an event like this.

There is always room for improvement. Personally I didn't like the merchandise room this year. Too many rows of chairs.

But I thought the translating between the panels was a great idea. Also the photo-ops were printed out much faster than last year. The overall schedule was really good in my opinion - I hardly missed anything even though I had a lot of pics to take.
Roman Holiday was fantastic! The cocktail-party rocked and the panels were soo much fun! I had a great time with old and new friends and if anyone wants to look at my pics (still uploading more, not too many on there yet) you can add me on my Supernatural-FB-Profile "Sandra Fairyfighter" ;)
Kyva

Postby CAT277 » 15/04/2011, 15:51

Must say I agree with tabs166 - the organisation lacked in a lot of ways.

I will disagree on one point - queueing for photos. In trying to get information on how this operated we - and others - were told "first come first served". That, obviously, was not the case. However, when we figured it out for ourselves, things went smoother. All the staff on the stage at the closing ceremony - where were they all weekend? I saw maybe 2 or 3 at most - and always behind the counter.

I didn't have a problem with the hotel - wasn't on the receiving end of any rudeness, but the convention area was way too small for the amount of people there.

I thought all of the guests were fantastic - loved all of their panels. They we all charming.

Not sure if I'd spend the money to go again. I absolutly loved Rome itself, and would go back there - just not sure about the con.
CAT277

Postby erika » 15/04/2011, 16:15

CAT277 wrote: All the staff on the stage at the closing ceremony - where were they all weekend? I saw maybe 2 or 3 at most - and always behind the counter.

I'm sorry ,I have not commented so far nothing but I now feel called into question .... the staff there and was always present and ready to help ..... you can not write that you saw only the people behind the counter because it is not true !!!!! ... we all worked and tried to give you the best we could for a great con .
erika
Moderatore

Postby babycin » 15/04/2011, 17:27

CAT277 wrote: All the staff on the stage at the closing ceremony - where were they all weekend? I saw maybe 2 or 3 at most - and always behind the counter.

Ok, this would be funny if it was a joke but it doesn't sound like a joke, so it's not funny at all.
As a part of the working staff I find this quite mean and it's a lack of respect for those who worked hard at JIB.
We started to work on Thuersday night, opening the reception and starting to distribute the passes and from then on, there have been always someone at the counter.
Then, maybe you wonder where the others were...
Well, there was one of us with each guest in every moment and I guess you could even see us when you had your autographs. Do you know... the "invisible" person that was sitting near the guest?
Plus, in the autograph room I think you've seen some guys near the door, that called you, that helped the lines, that gave you indications about which guest was in the room and at which table.
Photoop: am I wrong or there were 2/3 girls at the door to make you enter in the room?
Main hall: also there, there were 2/3 girls inside for EVERY panel. And there were 2 guys otuside that checked the passes.
Oh, there was a girl at the merchandising table too.
In total, we were almost 30, and we worked from the early morning until late at night, so please, don't spread lies.
babycin

Postby crystalchain » 15/04/2011, 17:41

I've always seen plenty of staff members running around, and somebody was always -- ALWAYS -- at the registration desk if you needed help with anything, and they were never rude. So I honestly think that criticism comes out of nowhere and is completely uncalled for, but I'm gonna keep out of it.

My personal experience this year was fantastic, and even better than last year. I had an Angel pass, and I don't know how things worked with people who had a lower pass like Demon or Hunter, but I couldn't have been happier. I had a lot of photo ops, 2 meet & greets and still managed to not only to go to all the panels I wanted to go to (= almost all of them), but also had the chance to get my autographs the way I wanted to.

I don't think some of you realize just how much work goes into an event like this, and the staff did everything they could with what they had to work with to make this as amazing as they can, and I for one enjoyed every second of it. I've made lots of great new friends, had a blast with the cast, the staff and the con guests. It wasn't hectic, it wasn't stressed. I thought it was relaxed and overall an absolutely lovely experience.

I for one, and I'm sure hundreds of others, would love to come back next year.
Last edited by crystalchain on 15/04/2011, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
non timebo mala ~ livejournal, tumblr, last.fm
crystalchain

Postby Cris23Cassandra » 15/04/2011, 18:26

I'm not one of the staff but I've been at the con this year and last year.
Of course last year the organization was not perfect, it was their first time and they were still trying to figure out what to expect from all of the fans. But this year, if there is something that nobody can say is that the staff didn't know how to do their job or that they were not there.
On the contrary, they did maybe a little too much from what we all expected. They were with the actors every single moment, and I've seen them even when the actors were on stage, waiting just behind the stage, most of the time standing still, and waiting for the actors to finish what they were up to. Even at the cocktail party, they were all around and I haven't seen them sitting at tables, not even once.
At the photoop room there were plenty of them: at least two at the entrance door, one at the exit door and if there was Jared or Jensen in the room (or both) they were even more, trying to coordinate entrance, queuing, shooting and exits.

So with everything someone could have said about the JIB, (like we said in the italian topic: no time to talk to the actors during photoops, or Jensen being as always distant from the fans), the one regarding to JIB staff is really something untrue and most of all very rude to say.

I've seen you wrote that was just your opinion, that you didn't want to offend anyone. But if you really were there at the con, with your eyes and mind wide open, probably you would have seen the guys working hard. And yes, Julie took over the situation at the autograph session, but she was coordinating herself with the staff too! And of course she helped! Last year some hunter passes didn't get they autographs, because the time was up and the queue was long. This time Julie did something amazing, and it wasn't just organizing the lines outside the autographroom, but letting the actors stay longer. And she is THE ONLY ONE that can do that.

So please, before writing something so senseless, connect the brain, have a better look around (and don't get too distracted on the actors) and thanks the people who made everything possible: THE STAFF.
Cris23Cassandra

Postby jus_in_bello_staff » 15/04/2011, 19:56

Hello everybody!
We’re still working to wrap up things for the last convention but we’ll be back soon replying to emails. In the meanwhile we wish to thank all people who’ve shared the last weekend with us at JIB Con2!! THANK YOU!!
Thanks also to the people sharing their appreciation with us by email and here on the forum, we love you and your support is best thing we could ask for.
Of course as it happened last year also critics are welcomed.. and we’ll reply to everyone giving our point of view and learning from your feedback. Sometimes it’ll take a while to reply to your emails or here on social networks but we’ll do so as soon as possible so please be patient. We don’t dislike constructive critics and we’re ready to explain our choices.

Regarding queue to enter autograph room we’re very sorry Angel passes and Demon passes sometimes had troubles because of Hunter and Sinner passes obstructing the line. We repeated many times to lower passes owners to stand in line only when called but not all of them did as requested. We repeated to better passes owners to call us if troubles arose but not all of them did so.
In the end only way to solve the problem was to create different lines for each pass typology which made the foyer look like a military camp for a while - with our big displeasure – but avoided this kind of problem (Julie directed the lines because she was at the convention working for the organization with the rest of the staff, so nothing strange about it. She’s fabulous and we appreciate her very much, that’s why we wanted to have her with us again this year).
The multiple lines solution was not something we didn’t consider before but we would have loved to avoid it because this way the foyer was quite crowded and consequently we had to increase autographs speed to get rid of the lines in a short time. We really don’t get why people must stay in a line for a long time before they can enter the room pressuring those inside when there’s enough time to do things calmly (we’ve finished all autograph sessions earlier than established) but human beings can be weird sometimes everyone wants to be first XD.
Also considering this if there’ll be another convention we’ll avoid placing in the merchandise room many seats for Hunter passes because they didn’t use them for most of the time.

Regarding photo ops we did our best to print them in short as many of you had asked to let you use the prints for autographs. Size is standard one in Italy for this kind of prints and we had 2 different professional printers at work. At the convention nobody complained about the print’s colors and they looked fine to us, anyway to let everyone print their photo ops at the size and with the quality they prefer we’re already working to catalogue all high resolution files and we will make them available in a few weeks to participants requesting them.
As it happened last year we’re going to upload photo ops in thumbnail size on a private JIB website section and participants will be able to get their high resolution files with a 2-3 euros contribution for each requested photo (so no huge expenses to get the files as it happens elsewhere guys, don’t worry)
About the calling order for photo ops sorry guys but it was mentioned before the event (on the website and in a newsletter) and each participant had it explained in detail in the back of their schedule. It was also mentioned on the board at the start of photo op room queue.
Once more we can’t read for you, only writing the information for you to read them.
There was only 1 half an hour exception to the usual order (angel -> demon -> etc…) on Saturday and we informed everyone about it mending the board, announcing it on stage monitors and announcing it at the microphone. We also explained the reasons for it to everyone who wanted more details and asked for them at reception desk. Hopefully no one expected staff told personally to all 800 participants or we’ll still be there doing so.

Regarding our staff we’re sorry but it’s quite absurd to state it only showed up at the closing ceremony. Without considering security and technical staff for the whole convention time we had at least 2 people taking care of photo room’s door and line EVERY SINGLE MOMENT plus 1 or 2 or 3 people inside of it. 2 or 3 people -Julie included- taking care of autograph room’s doors and lines plus 1 assistant for each actor checking autographs, sometimes even 2 assistants. In the stage room there were 6 people checking doors, lines for questions and stage activities. At reception desk there were from 3 to 5 people all the time helping everyone who had questions or troubles. We have accompanied personally people to the autograph and photo op sessions when they needed help or priority in the line. We have made announces with the microphone allover the foyer all the time so were quite visible. Daniela was running around all the time as well and many asked her questions or even took pictures with her.
Just 3-4 of us on a bunch of more than 35 people don’t speak English very well and they were usually with another staff member who does. Most part of the staff has a degree in foreign languages and actually some of us speak also French, Spanish, German, a little of Japanese and so on. We’re not British of course and we ask British and American people to be patient with us but it’s unlikely English speaking participants were not able to get the information they needed as other foreign people did. Just to make an example on Saturday and Sunday we had a lady teaching in an American school and speaking 5 different languages at reception desk.

Regarding Hilton if some of it’s staff treated you in a bad way please contact us and tell us what happened, we’ll complain with the hotel direction for sure, as many can testify we took care of the problems and mistakes we had 1st time correcting them for this 2nd one. About the convention center size we respect your point of view and we know crowded placed can be a bother but we had far less participants than Hilton center is equipped to host (actually from one third to one half less than the possible number of people) and we saw people going back and forth without problems.
A huge location is out of question because we are in Rome not in the US or UK and we have half the participants conventions in those countries usually have. Also considering security it would mean no “red carpet” for actors going from an activity to another and even if fans crowding along corridor were a little annoying to some participants who were just passing by we thought over all everyone would be happy to glimpse the guys a bit more and interact with them this way enjoying guests’ walking by.

Ok, I think it’s all for now but if there’s more we will catch on in the next week.
Bye

JIB Staff
jus_in_bello_staff
Amministratore

Postby tabs1966 » 15/04/2011, 21:38

Hi All

I did say that it was my opinion, and I know not everyone will agree with me!!

I never said that I didn't see any staff, I saw loads. But when I tried speaking to the ones organising the queues by the auto room, they either didn't, or didn't want to, understand me.

The staff behind the registration desk were very helpful, and I can't fault them. And yes, there were quite a few in the photo op room.....especially when Jensen was in there, lol (but wouldn't we all want to be in there??)

I still think an Hotel with more room to spread the Convention out would be a good idea, and no disrespect to ANYONE, but I've been to quite a few cons, by all different organisers, and I've found that if the guests are moved about behind the scenes, it tends to mean much less of an accumulation of people where they really shouldn't be! I know it's nice for people to be able to see them, but it causes pandemonium :)

I know my comments seem to have upset a few people, but I thought this thread was for people airing their own personal views. No one has to agree with me, and if they had a wonderful time, I'm very happy for them :)

As I said, if there's a JIB 3, then I'll be there. I just wont buy any photo ops and I'll be prepared for anything!!

Tracie
tabs1966

Postby eriika » 15/04/2011, 23:02

tabs1966 wrote:I still think an Hotel with more room to spread the Convention out would be a good idea, and no disrespect to ANYONE, but I've been to quite a few cons, by all different organisers, and I've found that if the guests are moved about behind the scenes, it tends to mean much less of an accumulation of people where they really shouldn't be! I know it's nice for people to be able to see them, but it causes pandemonium :)

I wasn't one of the excited ones when the guys walked from one room to another, but I didn't feel like it was that much of "pandemonium" as you said :) I mean of course some people liked to scream, but what I saw they were all respective and didn't try to jump on the actors. And it always took about 10mins and then it was over again. And if you needed to get past that crowd waiting for some actor, they let you without problems.

But when it came on trying to get past hunter and demon passes.. holy crap those people could get handsy! My friend got bruises when she tried to get past demons and hunters by showing her angel pass. I don't know if it's just me, but last year that went more smoothly. Like, I don't know, maybe demons and hunters respected more and always let you through when they saw that you had an angel pass.
This year they only let you through when someone from the staff yelled for angel passes and you raised your hand. And even then you got mad looks from demons and hunters. And I didn't quite get that. I mean, we paid more money which means we go first. If you wanted to be one of the first ones, you should've gotten an angel pass too.

Then staff. I love all of you guys! You did a wonderful job and even though you must've gotten all kinds of crap thrown at you at the convention, you still smiled and were polite. I don't know, I would've probably gone mad, so I have huge respect for you guys :)

..Uhh, it's 1am and I haven't really slept much after the con so I think I just go to bed and sleep through the weekend (and write my con report at some point).

Hope to see ya'll again next year! ;)
eriika

Next

Return to Board index

Return to After convention (English board)